Engineering Skillnet work with companies in the Irish Engineering sector to address skills gaps and provide industry-specific training programmes through government funding. By working closely with our Steering group and Ibec stakeholders, we are able to use their expertise to develop industry specific courses that impact the entire sector. We work with training providers who have the highest credentials and experience. The network addresses both the technical and non-technical skills needs of members. Engineering Skillnet membership is free to anyone involved in Irish engineering sectors including manufacturing, automotive, aviation, electronic, steel, electrical and mechanical sub supply sectors as well as packaging, paper and the print industry.
Engineering Skillnet supports member companies by:
- Assisting businesses to identify current and future skills gaps.
- Developing quality programmes to enhance employee skills and help companies remain competitive.
- Achieving value for money for industry specific training programmes.
- Provide certified and non-certified programmes at a subsidised rate.
- Access to other member companies within the industry.
- Opportunities to attend seminars, conferences, and other formal events in the area of both learning and engineering.
Working in partnership with Skillnet Ireland and our contracting organisation, Ibec, Engineering Skillnet is in its first year of providing learning and development to all those across the engineering sector. If there is specific training that you need which is not on our website, you can reach out to us to discuss possible funding available to you.
Our Steering Group consists of members from across the engineering sector including automotive, aerospace, energy and environment, machinery, packaging and construction.
Engineering Skillnet supports the workforce development needs of businesses within the engineering sector. If you are currently not in employment and wish to upskill or reskill, you may be interested in training offered by other Skillnet Networks through Skills Connect. Further details of Skills Connect and the eligibility criteria can be found on the Skillnet Ireland website by clicking here.
Name: Fiona Fennell
Title: Network Manager
Phone number: (01) 605 1592