About our Employer Relations Team
Who we are / What we do
Our ER Services to members include:
- Advice and support on employment queries and representation at the Workplace Relations Commission (WRC) and Labour Court
- Representation in industrial relations disputes and negotiations locally and at third party
- Access to our HR Management Guide, research reports on various employment related issues and our monthly HR Link e-zine
- Advice on occupational safety, health and welfare at work including compensation and liability insurance issues
Members can receive latest information and guidance on a wide range of issues, including:
- Employment legislation
- Human resources management best practice
- Procedures for disciplinary, grievances and other workplace investigations
- Work structures including shift systems, shift premia and overtime payments
- Workplace Relations Commission (WRC) and Labour Court outcomes and precedent
- Record keeping in the event of a labour inspection by the Workplace Relations Commission (WRC)
Employment / Expert Advice and Support
Our Employer Relations division delivers for our members across three core teams:
Advocacy and Representation Team
We operate across 6 regions in Ireland with each region having a team of dedicated employment rights, industrial relations and HR specialists to support our member employers in navigating through all stages of the employment lifecycle, workplace disputes and representation at the Workplace Relations Commission (WRC) and Labour Court. Our teams of experienced advisors have longstanding and unrivalled experience of representing member employers in mediation, adjudication hearings and before the Labour Court.
Ibec's Employer Relations Division managed 1,975 third-party cases in one year.
Knowledge Centre Team
Our Knowledge Centre is a key component of our employer relations and employment support services providing expert advice and support on employment legislation and practice, workplace disputes and investigations. Working across the areas of employment legislation, Industrial relations, Occupational Health and Safety and HR best practice, our team is available daily to respond to members’ needs quickly and comprehensively. Regular communications through HR Link, webinars, meetings and updates on our employer hub page ensure that members are kept informed of the latest employment developments.
The need for organisations to ensure compliance with employment legislation is greater than ever, as the level of claims, inspections and fines are increasing each year. Our team of solicitors and legal experts provide specialist employment law advice and support to members. In addition, our solicitors engage with key stakeholders in monitoring, reviewing and influencing the development of employment legislation nationally and at a European level.