Audiovisual Ireland is the Ibec representative group for the screen industry (animation, independent film and television production, post production, television broadcasting and VFX). The sector employs over 12,000 people, has a payroll of approximately €500m, contributed €357m to the economy (2019) and annually generates over €200m in export earnings and some €200m in taxes. It contributes to regional employment, is a key part of national cultural life and profiles Ireland as a destination for tourism.
- Seek Government underwriting of business continuity insurance as insurers are excluding COVID-19 cover
- Promote the implementation of the Government’s Audiovisual Action Plan through a public service/industry consultative group
- Ensure the Section 481 tax-based production incentive remains internationally competitive
- Increase Screen Ireland’s annual capital funding because productions will be more expensive under COVID-19 safe working protocols
- Advocate effective measures to combat television licence fee evasion, currently costing the sector approximately €40m per annum in lost revenue
- Urge the establishment of an interagency taskforce to tackle digital piracy in view of the threat it poses to the screen industries
Get in touch
Audiovisual Ireland, led by Torlach Denihan, represents and supports a broad and diverse mix of members from Irish audiovisual sector. The team keeps members informed on policy through in-house briefings, provides industry updates, research and regularly runs member networking forums and industry led training for the sector.
For any queries, please contact on 01 605 1500.