Our member committees shaping policy
A core element of our work is lobbying, which allows members to influence the business environment in which they operate. Ibec has numerous policy committees which are chaired and populated by members. This is one of the key channels through which we connect with our membership to devise policy and a lobbying strategy to address the challenges and issues facing business and employers.
Through our close working relationships with key politicians, government departments, state agencies, policy makers and other national and international stakeholders, we ensure those interests then stay at the top of the political agenda.
Our national policy groups are:
- Digital Economy Policy Group
- Diversity Forum
- Economic and Taxation Policy
- Environment Policy Committee
- Energy Policy Committee
- EU & Trade Policy Committee
- Innovation, Science & Technology Policy Committee
- Labour Market Policy Group
- Occupational Health and Safety Policy Committee
- Public Contracts Policy Committee
- Transport and Infrastructure Council