Cork Regional Executive Committee
Ibec’s Cork Regional Executive Committee (REC) is committed to shaping a better and sustainable future for the region. This includes ensuring Cork has the right enabling infrastructure and services to drive sustainable development, meet economic goals and improve the quality of life. Skills, talent, connectivity, housing and quality of life are critical to the region’s productivity and a key part of a value proposition to attract and retain businesses and workers to the region.
Ibec’s Cork Regional Executive Committee comprises senior business leaders operating within Cork City and County. It includes both multinational and indigenous companies and reflects the diversity of business in Cork in terms of business sectors and company size.
The Committee is led by Ibec Cork Regional President Sean Gayer, Vice President of Operations at Boston Scientific in Cork. The Cork Regional President is also a member of the Ibec National Council. The National Council provides a vital mechanism through which matters that are most important to business are raised, which in turn informs policy development.
The Regional Executive Committee takes a collaborative approach to its work engaging with national, regional and local government plus other stakeholders to achieve strong, sustainable and balanced growth.
- Aisling Deasy, CEO, Abtran
- Clair Murphy, Site Leader, Pfizer
- Dave Ronayne, CEO, Irish Mainport Holdings
- Denis Leamy, CEO, Cork ETB
- Des O'Sullivan, VP, Customer Solution Centers, Dell Technologies
- Gretta Clerkin, Senior Tax Director, PepsiCo
- Helen Donovan, CEO, South Infirmary Victoria University Hospital
- Jackie Murphy, General Manager, Alcon
- Jason Hawkins, CEO, Carbery Group
- Jean Casey, Corporate Affairs Manager, Eli Lilly and Company
- Joan Power, Regional Director, Irish Blood Transfusion Service
- Joe O'Sullivan, Regional Director, Sisk
- Kieran Hannon, Plant Manager / Site Leader, DuPont Nutrition & Health
- John O'Flynn, General Manager, Fota Island Resort
- Kevin Cullinane, Group Head of Communications, Cork Airport
- Maggie Cusack, President, Munster Technological University
- Rónán O'Dubhghaill, VP for External Relations, University College Cork
- Sean Gayer, VP Operations, Boston Scientific Cork (Ibec Cork Regional President)
- Tim Hyde, VP & Plant Manager, Sanmina Ireland
- Tom Leahy, Regional & Sectoral Head of Business Banking, Permeant TSB