On this episode of Ibec Voices we discuss upcoming Hamilton Day celebrations and the fascinating story of William Rowan Hamilton, universally recognised as the greatest mathematician, and arguably the greatest scientist, that Ireland has produced to date.
Ibec is delighted to partner with the Royal Irish Academy once again on Hamilton Day, this year taking place on Friday 15th October, to promote the lasting legacy of an Irish man who made a seminal contribution to the world around us today.
The discussion answers questions such as:
- Who was William Rowan Hamilton and what is his contribution to our lives today?
- Why does Ibec partner with the Royal Irish Academy for Hamilton Day?
- What is the programme of events for this year’s Hamilton Day?
- What can be expected from the 2021 Hamilton Lecture ‘Glimpses into Hyperbolic geometry’ presented by Professor Caroline Series?
You will hear expert insights on William Rowan Hamilton and Hamilton Day 2021 from:
- Danny McCoy, CEO Ibec;
- Dr Mary Canning, Royal Irish Academy, President;
- Professor Caroline Series, Emeritus Professor of Mathematics at the University of Warwick.
Listen / Previous episodes
Ep. 13 / Ibec Voices
Tomorrow ready: trends that will shape society and business on both sides of the Atlantic
In a special bonus episode, Ibec Voices brings you insights from a recent virtual event that Ibec held with The Honourable Martin J Walsh, United States Secretary of Labour.Listen now
Ep. 12 / Ibec Voices
Human Rights: What Irish Businesses need to know
This episode of Ibec Voices will focus on the changing landscape for businesses in terms of their human rights obligations, both domestically and internationally.Listen now