The entry requirement for this course is a Level 6 with recognition of prior learning for skilled operators and technicians who want to up-skill to scientifically improve their processes, including for digitalisation.
Participants on the Level 7 Award in Quality Technology develop a sense of mastery in using statistical techniques and Lean/Six Sigma methods. As they grasp fundamental quality principles, learners become autonomous to select and apply an array of useful project and data tools/statistics for continuous improvement.
Course content is integrated with real-world data for work-relevant projects and problem-solving. This course is easy to fit around busy work schedules as the content is self-paced with evening tuition.
On completion of this course learners can:
- Undertake quality studies e.g., to select, use, and evaluate measurement and test equipment (M&TE)
- Apply project management tools including Gantt charts
- Model and manage process input and output variables
- Utilise statistical techniques and software (Minitab)
This programme runs over 12 weeks, consisting of 3 virtual classroom days (Saturdays) and 9 tutorials (1 hour on a weekday evening).
- Live, virtual tutorials and classroom days (tutorials & classroom days are recorded)
- Self-paced learning resources
Benefits to Participating Companies
With the drive for competitiveness and an increased compliance burden, manufacturing/engineering companies depend on data-savvy employees capable of identifying non-value-add activities.
- Bespoke programme for engineering industry
- Skills pathway for data analytics and quality
- Consistent application of quality principles and data tools
- Increased mathematical competence and risk literacy
- Learners are fully prepared to sit, and successfully achieve, the ASQ Certified Quality Technician (CQT) and the Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB) accreditation on completion of this programme.