The modern workplace has diverse generations, disciplines and cultures working together so clear communication can be a challenge.
Attendees will be invited to review their own technical/policy documents and how they currently utilize digital communication tools (email, messaging, etc.) to identify areas for improvement.
Collaborative, problem-based learning is facilitated as a method to develop workforce skills within the participating organizations.
Day 1 - Morning of Tuesday, December 5th
· Making your writing structured for quality documents.
· Making your writing clear and concise
· Handling style, tone, and voice
· Handling typography, images, tables, captions
· Approaching various engineering genres
· Structuring your time when drafting, collaboration and reviewing.
Day 2 - Morning of Wednesday, December 13th
· Sharepoint/wiki pages as portal for projects and organizational information
· Instant messaging, best practice, and potential pitfalls
· Getting to know your communication and tracking tools. Peer to peer learning and putting a training plan in place
· Good Document creation, sharing and collaboration habits
course utilises a whiteboard tool called “Miro” – learners will need to be
registered to use this for free beforehand.
The Engineering Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science. For further information or to request other dates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org