This virtual 2-day programme is available on-demand.
Participating helps learners to improve their technical writing and communication skills.
Day one focusses on reviewing different forms of technical writing, writing style, conventions, and best practice.
Day two extends these principles to digital forms of communication such as instant messaging, collaboration, and project tracking.
Participants are invited to review their own technical documents and how they currently utilize digital communication tools (email, messaging, etc.), identifying areas for improvement.
Peer to peer learning is supported in order to continually improve skills within attendees' organizations post-course completion.
- Making your writing structured for quality documents.
- Making your writing clear and concise
- Handling style, tone, and voice
- Handling typography, images, tables, captions
- Approaching various engineering genres
- Structuring your time when drafting, collaboration and reviewing.
- Sharepoint/wiki pages as portals for projects and organizational information
- Instant messaging, best practice, and potential pitfalls
- Good Document creation, sharing and collaboration habits
- Getting to know your
communication and tracking tools.
Peer to peer learning is facilitated and learners encouraged to self-direct a training post-course completion.