Foundations in Sustainability & ESG
This 3-module training programme is designed to give participants a broad, high-level overview of the topic of sustainability – or ESG – and how it applies to business.
Dates: Three 1-hour webinars is now running Wednesdays 14th, 21sst and 28th 1-2 pm..
Module 1: Sustainability & ESG 101. This module will provide an overview of global sustainability trends, define the terminology around corporate sustainability and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG), and give participants an understanding of key E, S and G topics for business.
· Understand the concept of corporate sustainability and ESG and the range of topics covered
· Understand the business case for sustainability and what’s driving the agenda
aware of the approaches businesses are using to manage ESG issues
Module 2: Developing a Sustainability Strategy. This module will outline the key steps companies can take to develop a robust sustainability strategy and will share some examples of strategies from companies in different sectors.
· Understand the hallmarks of a robust sustainability strategy
· Understand the practical steps to take to develop a sustainability strategy
· Appreciate how sustainability strategies differ depending on the sector and type of business
Module 3: Sustainability & ESG Reporting. This final module will focus on the ever-evolving world of sustainability and ESG reporting, explaining key reporting frameworks that businesses and giving an overview of the new mandatory reporting requirements coming through via the EU’s Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive.
· Understand how the sustainability reporting landscape has evolved (and continues to evolve)
· Be aware of some of the key reporting/disclosure frameworks, such as GRI Standards, TCFD and the new standards stemming from the EU’s Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive
· Appreciate some of the practicalities and challenges involved in producing a sustainability report