Europe's digital future open for business
Ibec Digitised Europe Priorities
pdf | 1486.7 kb
Irish business priorities for the 2020 - 2024 EU institutional cycle
Digital leadership is critical for Europe’s future economic success and well-being. Embracing further technological change presents both opportunities and challenges. While progress is being made, the EU must not be complacent as much more needs to be done. Ibec has made nine policy recommendations across three areas to EU policy makers and influencers.
Lead an era of further digital transformation
- Prioritise further digital development across the EU and complete the Single Market.
- Work with, not against, technology in governance.
- Intensify collaboration in developing international digital standards.
- Lead by example in e-Government and digitalised public services, by sharing best practice.
Enable everyone to reach their potential in a digital era
- Maintain trust and security in accessing further digital opportunities and take a human-centred approach to further digital development and adoption so businesses and individuals are prepared to access further digital opportunities.
- Ensure further investment and innovation in secure digital infrastructure and services. The right incentives must enable further investment and innovation in secure digital infrastructure and services.
- Enable everyone to accomplish more through the right knowledge training and skills. Everyone should be given the opportunity to reach their potential in an era of further innovation and technological change.
Champion digital innovation, enterprise and trade
- Invest and collaborate in further digital innovation, deployment and adoption. The EU must deliver the investment promised to support further digital innovation and adoption in the next long-term EU budget – the European Multiannual Financial Framework (MFF), for the 2021-2027 period.
- The EU must intensify work with partners to lower global barriers to digital trade and innovation and champion further international digital trade and innovation.
To read more, download our full report below.