Education forms a key pillar of our offering to the aircraft leasing industry, and this must be supported and developed. In Ireland, there are several high-quality aviation courses on offer through various institutions across the educational spectrum. Industry-supported apprenticeships ensure the continued supply of an appropriately skilled workforce.
Objective: Ensure a strong pipeline of talent to support the industry’s future skills needs.
Areas of focus:
- Development of new and existing education and skills initiatives, eg legal/contract management, technical apprenticeship programmes.
- Initiatives to attract and retain talent to the industry
- Engagement with education providers on the future skills needs of our sector.
The following educational institutions in Ireland offer a range of aviation-related courses across the various levels of the Irish educational qualifications system.
- Aviation Skillnet
- Cavan/Monaghan Education and Training Board
- City of Dublin Education and Training Board
- Cork Education and Training Board
- Dublin City University
- Institute of Technology Carlow
- Law Society of Ireland
- Irish Aviation Students Association (IASA)
- Technological University Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick
The aviation industry in Ireland is also supported by the Irish Aviation Students Association. This association is a valuable resource for professionals in the sector by way of its own research into the third level courses available in Ireland. The IASA Student Handbook can be downloaded from the IASA website www.iasa.aero.
This is a superb resource and demonstrates the commitment in the student body to the future of our industry.
Law Society of Ireland:
The Law Society of Ireland is the educational, representative and regulatory body of the solicitors' profession in Ireland. It runs courses at Certificate and Diploma level on Aviation Leasing and Finance.
For details and further information contact: Law Society of Ireland, Blackhall Place, Dublin 7 (DX 79 Dublin), Ireland D07 VY24 www.lawsociety.ie.