This 3-module training programme is designed to give participants a broad, high-level overview of the topic of sustainability – or ESG – and how it applies to business.
Three x 1-hour webinars from 1-2 pm now running Tues 21 June, Tues 28 June with the final date to be confirmed.
. This module will provide an overview of global sustainability trends, define the terminology around corporate sustainability and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG), and give participants an understanding of key E, S and G topics for business.
· Understand the concept of corporate sustainability and ESG and the range of topics covered
· Understand the business case for sustainability and what’s driving the agenda
Be aware of the approaches
businesses are using to manage ESG issues
This module will outline the key steps companies can take to develop a robust sustainability strategy and will share some examples of strategies from companies in different sectors.
· Understand the hallmarks of a robust sustainability strategy
· Understand the practical steps to take to develop a sustainability strategy
· Appreciate how sustainability strategies differ depending on the sector and type of business
. This final module will focus on the ever-evolving world of sustainability and ESG reporting, explaining key reporting frameworks that businesses and giving an overview of the new mandatory reporting requirements coming through via the EU’s Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive.
· Understand how the sustainability reporting landscape has evolved (and continues to evolve)
· Be aware of some of the key reporting/disclosure frameworks, such as GRI Standards, TCFD and the new standards stemming from the EU’s Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive
· Appreciate some of the practicalities and challenges involved in producing a sustainability report