Chapter Zero Ireland is for non-executive directors (‘NEDs’). Membership will be granted to individuals who agree to the terms and conditions of the organisation and are:
- non-executive directors, trustees or equivalent, and;
- committed to learning more about, discussing, sharing insights on, and addressing the impacts of climate change.
We are aware that aspiring NEDs or professionals who work with board members may be interested in membership. If you are not a NED but feel you would still be a relevant member of Chapter Zero Ireland, we will soon be launching a process to apply to be an Associate Member who will receive selected parts of our communications and attend some of our events.
Membership of the organisation does not confer automatic rights to be a legal member with a voting interest in the legal entity Chapter Zero Ireland NED Company Limited by Guarantee.
We value member feedback and views. Chapter Zero Ireland was created by NEDs to benefit NEDs and your feedback helps us ensure we are still providing a valuable service to the membership. Occasionally we’ll invite you to fill in a survey or take part in a phone discussion so we can understand how we can improve.
Benefits of membership
- Learning opportunities: We work with a range of organisations to offer events and workshops for non-executive directors on how to address climate change in their boardrooms.
- Connections: We provide a platform for non-executive directors to share business experiences of climate change and corporate governance, and to connect with peers.
- Access to expertise: Between our company partners, collaborators and team we have access to relevant information from regulators, standard-setters and more.
- Tailored knowledge We curate and share topical resources with our members. Our toolkits, events and resources are all tailored for non-executive directors and their board roles.
What does being a member involve?
As a member of Chapter Zero Ireland you are free to attend events, our peer groups (called Climate Dialogues), and access our online content as much as you like. We’ll keep you up to date with a monthly member bulletin and share news, events and content regularly.
For those who would like to be more involved and share their experience of climate change in the boardroom with other non-executive directors (NEDs), we’re developing a new programme in 2022 to help you do this.
We value your feedback and views. Chapter Zero Ireland was created by NEDs to benefit NEDs and your feedback helps us ensure we are still providing a valuable service to the membership. Occasionally we’ll invite you to fill in a survey or take part in a phone discussion so we can understand how we can improve.