NEW DATES: 30th January and 1st February - EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
Story-telling through data is well-supported with the newest functionality of Powerpoint.
We have condensed over 2 days x 3 hours per day.
Target audience – STEM professionals with some experience with PowerPoint who want to enhance their skills in designing visually appealing and engaging presentations and delivering them confidently.
Pre-requisites – Prior knowledge of PowerPoint to a basic level is essential. Trainees will benefit from having a second screen available for the training, as this is a hands-on course.
Delivery – online via Zoom, with a recording available for seven days after each session and the trainer will be available after each session to answer any specific questions.
Day 1 – PowerPoint Fundamentals: Essential tools for creating professional slides
Learn how to create business infographics. The session will cover the following;
- Arranging, grouping and positioning objects
- Image editing and recolouring
- Advanced cropping tools
- Advanced shape options
- Working with icons
Day 2 – Data Visualisation: Display Data Effectively with Charts and Tables
Learn how to create charts and tables that display your data effectively. The session will cover the following;
- Design principles for effective data visualisation
- Appropriate visualisation for different data types
- Common mistakes to avoid
- Best practice for tables and charts
- Selling your data story
Day 3 – Overcoming Presentation Anxiety: Tools to Boost Confidence for Delivering Successful PowerPoint Presentations
Learn and practice tools to help improve your confidence when presenting with PowerPoint. The session will cover the following;
- Rehearsing tool to ensure you deliver your presentation within the allocated timeframe
- Presenter Coach, an AI tool that gives live feedback on your delivery (Microsoft 365 only)
- Keyboard shortcuts for presenting
- The unknown secrets of the Presenter View (second screen required)
- PowerPoint Live (in Microsoft Teams)