96% of Irish whiskey is exported, with 70% exported to markets outside of the European Union and United Kingdom. Drinks Ireland|Irish Whiskey, led by our International Trade Committee, actively engages with international authorities to foster a supportive trading environment for Irish whiskey and to tackle market access barriers.
Activity in key markets is detailed in the various articles on this page.
Drinks Ireland|Irish Whiskey has also recently lobbied on:
- Tariff liberalisation across East Africa
- Definitions of whiskey in Brazil
- Definitions of whiskey in China
- Illicit trade in Jordan
- Use of bonded warehousing in Kenya
- Definitions of whiskey in Russia
- Excise regime in Turkey