The mission of Irish Whiskey Association is:
To protect, promote and represent the Irish Whiskey category, in Ireland and globally; in order to secure the position of Irish Whiskey as one of the world’s leading spirit categories.
The work of the Irish Whiskey Association entails:
- Protecting and promoting Irish Whiskey geographic indication (GI).
- Registering the name Irish whiskey as a protected designation in international markets and taking enforcement action against infringing products.
- Providing a strong voice and advocate for our industry on regulatory, international trade and market access issues – with increased international lobbying activity in recent years.
- Promoting the Irish whiskey category and Irish whiskey tourism.
- Providing educational and networking opportunities for members.