Work Talks is Ibec’s Employer Relations podcast series put together to share strategic thinking into all aspects of employer relations.
The series offers unique thought leadership on the employment landscape in Ireland – examining future trends, legislative and regulatory developments and insights into the practical applications of employment policy in workplaces.
Listen / Our latest podcast
Women's Wellbeing and Career Development
How can businesses support and promote women’s wellbeing and career development? This pivotal issue is the focus of the latest episode of the Work Talks podcast series, presented by broadcaster Kieran Cuddihy. In particular, the discussion focuses on questions such as:
- How can we support and promote wellbeing in the workplace, particularly relating to issues like infertility, miscarriage and menopause?
- How do we support women who, in the majority of cases, have the main care giving responsibilities in their households?
- What more can business do to promote equality through Gender Pay Gap reporting and sufficient statutory leave entitlement?
You will hear expert insights on these issues from: Maeve McElwee, Director of Employer Relations, Ibec; Ronan Collier, Corporate Safety, Health and Welfare Coordinator, ESB; Loretta Dignam, Founder of the Menopause Hub.
Workplace dispute resolution – What you need to know
Dispute resolution is topic relevant to every employer in Ireland, and is the focus of this episode of Work Talks. It will explore questions such as:
- How can employers maintain positive employment relationships in workplace?
- What are the effective conflict resolution mechanisms that companies use?
- Are we becoming more litigious as a society and how can we avoid this?
Tune in now to hear expert insights on the crucial issues from; Maeve McElwee, Director of Employer Relations, Ibec; Dr Desmond Ryan, Barrister-at-Law, who specialises in Employment Law; and Liam Kelly, Director General of the Workplace Relations Commission. The episode is presented by broadcaster Kieran Cuddihy.
Diversity & Inclusion
Why is Diversity and Inclusion so important in workplaces and what role does it play in addressing societal issues?
In this episode of Work Talks, Maeve McElwee, Director of Employer Relations, Ibec, Oisín Ó’Gógáin, HR Director, Aon Ireland & Nordic Region, and Fiona Mullan, Chief People Officer, Ding, discuss the importance of a diverse workplace culture as a key driver of workplace satisfaction, performance and engagement.