As sweet Irish rain quenches emerald land, it bears for us barley from nature’s pure hand...
The story of sustainability in the sector is not a new one, Ireland’s drinks producers have always been at the forefront when it comes to sustainable business practices.
- For centuries spent grain, a by-product of brewing and distilling, has been provided to farmers as a high-quality animal feed
- Heineken Ireland have achieved ZERO waste to landfill for their brewery in Cork
- Diageo Ireland have removed plastic ring carriers and shrink wrap from multipacks of products, replacing them with 100% recyclable and biodegradable cardboard
- Heineken Ireland achieved the Business Working Responsibly mark, developed by Business in the Community Ireland
- Midleton Distillery in Cork is accredited to the international environmental management standard, ISO14001
- Recent developments in packaging for beer has seen producers using non-toxic glue as an adhesive for canned beer packs instead of using plastic rings