Digital leadership matters
Ibec outlines its national digital policy priorities for the period 2019-2024
We need to succeed and lead in a new era of digital transformation – for smarter services, quality jobs and improved living standards.
Ireland is a recognised European digital frontrunner. However, given the pace of technological change and growing global competition, Ireland cannot be complacent on the level and pace of its digital development.
Ibec and its members have developed recommendations for Irish policy makers on the development and implementation of a new overarching national digital strategy for the next five years. To succeed, we recommend:
- Digital leadership and clear structures that enables government, businesses and innovators to work together to further Ireland’s development as a successful digitalised economy. Digital transformation should be a key commitment reflected in the next programme for government. We must intensify work with EU and OECD partners to shape international digital policy that enhances economic well-being.
- Enable further investment in our digital and data infrastructure.
- Protect our businesses and citizens online. Encourage Ireland’s cybersecurity ecosystem. Ensure national cybersecurity and data protection capabilities are adequately resourced.
- Attract and foster talent and skills for a digital era. Enable everyone to reach their potential.
- Support small and large businesses in the adoption and deployment of digital applications across sectors.
Ibec has developed national policy priorities on several aspects of digital policy including cyber security, industry 4.0 and artificial intelligence. A document summarising our priorities and recommendations for a new national digital strategy may be downloaded below.
To learn more, please contact Erik O Donovan, Ibec Head of Digital Economy Policy, email: email@example.com
Ibec National Digital Agenda Priorities
pdf | 1116.3 kb