Applications for the SFA Awards 2022-2023 are now open! Apply before 27 October 2022 at 5pm.
Apply for Sustainability here after reading all criteria below.
Companies who are serious about progressing their business, recognising the efforts of their staff and celebrating their achievements to date should consider entering these awards. Taking part will focus your organisation to think strategically about the future.
Judging Criteria for this category:
Please make sure you read the criteria carefully for each category as the judging process will follow the criteria set.
The Award for Sustainability recognises a company that demonstrates leadership in building sustainable practices into its own business, being both Environmentally Aware and Environmentally Responsible. The application will need to clearly outline the company’s environmental management system, how it is managed, funded and its impact on energy consumption and/or the environment – for example, across transport, energy, water saving, staff involvement training and/or community support.
Where energy/environmental efficiency projects or installation of new equipment has taken place, businesses will need to demonstrate innovation and measurable results. You will also need to show how sustainability has resulted in an improved competitive advantage and become a differentiator for your company. ( Note that this award is for companies’ own environmental / sustainability activities, not those they may have undertaken for clients).
Award entrants must comply with the following entry criteria:
- All small businesses may enter up to a maximum of 50 employees. (This includes staff employed in the company on a fixed-term contract basis in excess of 12 months, and part-time staff who work in excess of 20 hours per week but excluding temporary agency workers).
- Be in operation at least 2 years in the Republic of Ireland.
- Not be a branch of another business.
- Franchises can enter.
- Businesses/individuals can be nominated by other associated professionals (e.g. professional advisers, training providers, accountants etc.).
Separate applications must be submitted for each category you wish to enter. Once you start your application, you can save and resume it to complete and submit within 14 days.
All applications will be reviewed by the Judging Panel once the application window has closed and Finalists will then be announced - all applicants will be notified of their status whether or not they are successful.
2023 Prize Package
- A comprehensive strategic masterclass weekend sponsored by Skillnet Ireland which will include communications, media and presentation skills training
- An interview/profile in a specially commissioned Irish Independent Awards Supplement
- Free participation in SFA Business Connect Event
- Five complementary tickets to the Gala Awards Ceremony
- A finalist certificate
- Award trophy - presented at a Gala Awards Ceremony.
- One year free membership of the Small Firms Association
- The Overall Winner will be presented with a winner trophy at the RDS for the Gala Awards Ceremony on 9 March, 2023
- An annual bursary of €5,000 has been very kindly donated by 2020 winner KORE Insulation. The overall winner may nominate their charity of choice to receive this bursary.