Emerging New Business
Applications for the 2023-2024 Awards are now closed and finalists will be announced soon. Best of luck to all applicants!
Companies who are serious about progressing their business, recognising the efforts of their staff and celebrating their achievements to date should consider entering these awards. Taking part will focus your organisation to think strategically about the future.
Judging Criteria for this category:
This category aims to award emerging entrepreneurs that have the potential to grow their companies into successful organisations which will be innovative, create employment and have the ability to win the SFA National Small Business Award in the future.
Award entrants must comply with the following entry criteria:
- All small businesses may enter up to a maximum of 50 employees. (This includes staff employed in the company on a fixed-term contract basis in excess of 12 months, and part-time staff who work in excess of 20 hours per week but excluding temporary agency workers).
- Be within two years of starting your business.
- Not be a branch of another business.
- Franchises can enter.
- Businesses/individuals can be nominated by other associated professionals (e.g. professional advisers, training providers, accountants etc.).
Once you start your application, you can save and resume it to complete and submit within 14 days.
All applications will be reviewed by the Judging Panel once the application window has closed and five emerging new business winners will then be announced - all applicants will be notified of their status whether or not they are successful.
These five winners will be showcased at the final Gala Awards Ceremony on March 07, 2024.
2024 Prize Package:
Five businesses will be short-listed as winners in the Emerging New Business category and will each receive:
- A comprehensive strategic masterclass weekend sponsored by Skillnet Ireland which will include communications, media and presentation skills training
- An interview/profile in a specially commissioned Irish Independent Awards Supplement
- Free participation in the SFA Business Connect event
- Three complementary tickets to the Gala Awards Ceremony
- All Five Winners will be presented with their certificate at the RDS for the Gala Awards Ceremony on 7 March, 2024