Outstanding Small Business
The application window has closed for the 2022-2023 Awards
Companies who are serious about progressing their business, recognising the efforts of their staff and celebrating their achievements to date should consider entering these awards. Taking part will focus your organisation to think strategically about the future.
Judging Criteria for this category:
This category aims to award outstanding achievement, innovative business concept, growth and good management skills for a company with 5 employees or less. To be successful in this category, you should demonstrate that you had clear goals to support your vision, progress towards goals (growth), market/industry presence (domestic and/or overseas), customers and business goals for the future.
Award entrants must comply with the following entry criteria:
- All small businesses may enter up to a maximum of 5 employees. (This includes staff employed in the company on a fixed-term contract basis in excess of 12 months, and part-time staff who work in excess of 20 hours per week but excluding temporary agency workers).
- Be in operation at least 2 years in the Republic of Ireland.
- Not be a branch of another business.
- Franchises can enter.
- Businesses/individuals can be nominated by other associated professionals (e.g. professional advisers, training providers, accountants etc.).
Separate applications must be submitted for each category you wish to enter. Once you start your application, you can save and resume it to complete and submit within 14 days.
All applications will be reviewed by the Judging Panel once the application window has closed and Finalists will then be announced - all applicants will be notified of their status whether or not they are successful.
2023 Prize Package
- A comprehensive strategic masterclass weekend sponsored by Skillnet Ireland which will include communications, media and presentation skills training
- An interview/profile in a specially commissioned Irish Independent Awards Supplement
- Free participation in SFA Business Connect Event
- Five complementary tickets to the Gala Awards Ceremony
- A finalist certificate
- Award trophy - presented at a Gala Awards Ceremony.
- One year free membership of the Small Firms Association
- The Overall Winner will be presented with a winner trophy at the RDS for the Gala Awards Ceremony on 9 March, 2023
- An annual bursary of €5,000 has been very kindly donated by 2022 Overall & Exporter winner Aalto Bio Reagents. The overall winner may nominate their charity of choice to receive this bursary.