Drinks Ireland|Spirits is an active member of spiritEUROPE and works closely with it and fellow European spirits associations on a variety of technical regulatory issues at the EU level.
Most recently this was on the revision of the Spirits Drinks Regulation, which defines 47 categories of spirit drinks and which governs the rules that apply to them, our GI's and labelling.
- Revised Spirits Drinks Regulation (2019/787)
- Food information to Consumers Regulation (1169/2011)
- List of all EU spirits drinks GIs
We have also collaborated with spiritEUROPE on their industry wide Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on the Provision of Nutrition Information & Ingredients Listing of Spirits Drinks sold in the EU.
- Provision of Nutrition Information & Ingredients Listing of Spirits Drinks MoU [insert file here]
- Nutrition Information MoU Guidelines
- MoU - Excel energy from sugar and alcohol in spirit drinks calculator
Low and no alcohol products are also something which we are cooperating with spiritEUROPE on.