- Irish dairy ranks amongst the best in the world for quality, sustainability, and animal care.
- With our dairy farmers our processing sites have one of the lowest carbon footprints in Europe, and they are taking great steps to reduce their environmental footprint even further.
- DII has been working hard with our members to decrease the environmental footprint across Irish processing sites.
- We also reach out with a range of partner stakeholders to look to make improvements beyond the factory gate with the farm families that supply in.
- In 2016, DII established the Dairy Sustainability Ireland initiative to bring all relevant actors involved in the Irish dairy industry together to look at whole of government/whole of sector solutions to sustainability challenges.