Scale-up Academy is a new cross-European Network supporting small businesses to move to the next stage of growth and internationalise their business. The Network involves cooperation of 14 partners from Ireland, Belgium, Italy, Finland, Hungary and Czech Republic. Partners consist of 6 Higher Education Institutes and 8 Industry partners drawn from all 6 countries.
Range of expertise and innovation supports to SMEs
What Scale-up Academy Offers SMEs
Over a period of 18 months, the Scale-up Academy offers participating small businesses a range of expertise and innovation supports. Supports to SMEs include:
- Access to a range of expertise and experts from across six higher education institutions, eight industry organisations, as well as to the European Institute of Technology Knowledge and Innovation Community that is relevant to their own industry sector.
- Monthly participation in a Peer Mentoring Group of 10 companies that face similar challenges. Through expert led facilitation of the group can share their experiences and provide each other with contacts, support and advice to help with their internationalization plans.
- Engage and participate in a range of expert training events relevant to their industry sector. Events will be delivered monthly, and participants can choose which events are most suitable.
- Receive an academic award for the Strategic Plan completed for their company.
There will be the opportunity to travel and meet in person for the Peer Networking sessions and to attend expert training events.
There is no cost for SMEs to participate as all activities are fully funded.
What Companies are Eligible?
To be eligible to participate Companies must:
- Be actively trading for at least 3 years
- Have a demonstrated ambition to grow their company and expand internationally
- The person participating in the project must be the owner manager / CEO or a senior manager reporting directly to the owner manager or CEO
- The company must operate within one of the four Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs) of the project:
- Digital and ICT
- Raw Materials
For more information and to apply click here.