Aim and Course objectives
The programme is designed to improve the fundamental critical thinking skills in engineers for effective problem-solving. It applies an activity-based learning approach using the platform Miro to engage engineers in industry-real task simulations (e.g. risk assessments) for a highly interactive & engaging experience.
- Equips engineers with fundamental thinking tools for logical reasoning and risk-based decision making
- Boosts soft skills for team-based problem-solving & to cope with the complex and dynamic setting of smart manufacturing.
- Improves executive control and professional adaptivity for better change-readiness
The structure of the course is as follows:
- Day 1 : Applied Critical Thinking (Reason)
- Day 2 : Risk Based Decision-Making (Rigour)
- Day 3 : Collective Problem-Solving (Respect)
- Day 4 : Self-Improvement & Control (Resilience).
Dates and Time:
The course runs over 4 x 2.5 hour workshops held on Thursday mornings at 10-12.30am. The dates of the course are the 11th, 18th, 25th of Nov and 2nd Dec.