The Parent’s Leave and Benefit Bill 2019 was signed into law on 24 October 2019
• The Act provides for 2 weeks leave and social welfare benefit for each parent in first year of child’s life
• The measure is coming into place for children born or adopted from 1 November 2019
• The benefit will be paid at the same rate as Maternity and Paternity benefits
• Support is available to employees and the self-employed
• Paid parent’s leave must be taken after birth or placement for adoption and must be taken within 52 weeks of birth or placement.
• An employee’s notice to their employer must be given not later than 6 weeks before the intended commencement of the parent’s leave and must indicate the expected date of commencement and duration of the parent’s leave.
Not a Member yet? Continue as guest
Members enjoy premium HR services and supports, member-only networking events and preferential rates for conferences and Ibec Management Training courses