Agri-Food Strategy to 2030 - Public Consultation
On 17 April, the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine, commenced a public consultation on the Government’s new draft Agri-Food Strategy to 2030.
The draft strategy was prepared by a stakeholder committee which Drinks Ireland was represented on by our former Chair, Ollie Loomes.
The strategy is highly focussed on sustainability themes.
Drinks Ireland secured a number of important inclusions in the draft strategy
- Recognition of the importance of premiumisation and authenticity as key consumer trends;
- Action to support export and market diversification;
- Recognition of the tillage sectors as one of the most carbon efficient sectors of Irish agriculture;
- A target for increased tillage production;
- Recognition of the investment of the Irish whiskey industry to protect the Irish whiskey GI;
- Commitment to support for business development and marketing initiatives to support and promote food and drink visitor attractions including the distillery and brewery tourism sector.
- Recognition of all-island food and drink sectors and cross-border supply chains
The consultation of the draft strategy will run for an eight-week period from 19 April 2021 to mid-day on 15 June 2021.
A questionnaire is available here. This survey does not operate correctly using Internet Explorer. To participate in this survey you should use a different browser.
Alternatively, submissions can be sent to 2030StrategyEnvironmentalConsultation@agriculture.gov.ie
Draft Agri-Food Strategy 2030 pdf | 5472.5 kb