Business community marks 8th annual National Workplace Wellbeing Day 2022
Ibec, the group that represents Irish business, today highlighted the increased demand for focus on employee health and wellbeing supports, as talent attraction and retention remain a key priority for businesses across the country.
Today marks the 8th annual National Workplace Wellbeing Day. With many workers now returning to some form of office working after two years of being remote, the day provides a unique opportunity for businesses to highlight available wellbeing supports for their staff, whether they be in the workplace, working from home or adopting a hybrid-working model.
Ibec CEO Danny McCoy said: “It is clear from engaging with member companies that awareness of the importance of good workplace mental health and wellbeing has never been higher. Coupled with this is a jobs market underpinned by an ever-increasing competition for talent. Indeed, Ibec’s research shows that talent retention is the top priority for the majority of companies in Ireland.
“We know that those organisations who embed a culture of wellbeing and that support the mental and physical wellness of their workforce are the same ones who are more effective at ensuring the attraction and retention of employees. As such, wellbeing programmes are in higher demand as they reflect corporate support for individual’s mental wellbeing and acknowledgement of the need for an appropriate level of work-life balance.
“National Workplace Wellbeing Day affords an opportunity to organisations across Ireland to showcase the steps that they have taken to support their staff in their wellbeing. The day can also raise awareness for those organisations who are yet to initiate their wellbeing journeys. It is hugely encouraging to see so many companies across the country taking part.”
National Workplace Wellbeing Day will see up to one thousand employers of all sizes across the public and private sector host a range of virtual activities to promote resilience and the importance of social connection in the workplace.
Sample activities for National Workplace Wellbeing Day 2022 include:
• Hybrid/in-person meditation and mindfulness practice
• Hybrid/in-person guided fitness session
• Hybrid connect sessions including team lunches, water cooler or coffee break moments
• Hybrid/in-person briefings and live Q&A sessions with wellbeing practitioners
• Internal competitions (baking, healthiest dish, share your workstation, fitness-related. etc.)
• Online/in-person access to medical, counselling and nutrition advice
• Lunchtime 5K - encourage your staff to share a photo of their healthy walk at lunch, and share a collage with us on twitter by using #WorkWell22
For more information, head to the dedicated National Workplace Wellbeing Day webpage.