The purpose of this conference is to bring together industry, government, regulators, and the research community to communicate the unique position of Ireland as the “leading global location for the manufacture and supply of biopharmaceuticals, pharmaceuticals, and chemicals” and to ensure that the sector continues to grow and flourish.
Registration and Networking with refreshments
Conference opening – Matt Moran, Director, BiopharmaChem Ireland
Regulatory Innovation Session
The FDA and HPRA will discuss their respective approaches to regulatory innovation. Ireland has an exemplary compliance record with regulatory agencies like the FDA and EMA, who collaborate and work closely with our Health Products Regulatory Authority (HPRA) to achieve trouble-free compliance.
Session Moderator – Brian Killen, Transformation Lead, MSD and Chair of BPCI
- Grainne Power, Director of Compliance, HPRA
- Dr. Stelios Tsinontides, Director, Office of Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, FDA - US Food & Drug Administration. "Regulatory Efforts in Assuriing Availability of high Quality Biopharmaceutical Products"
Networking break – Tea/Coffee
Industry 5.0 session
The two most significant challenges facing Europe over the next decade are the transition towards a climate neutral society and the retention of our industrial competitiveness. Industry 5.0 can help drive this twin transition and involves the interpretation of industry 4.o technologies through a human centric lens. Policy makers, industry and the research community will discuss the merits of an Industry 5.0 approach.
Moderator – Paul Mc Cabe, COO, VLE Therapeutics
- Seán O'Reagain, Deputy Head of Unit, European Commission- Industry 5.0
- Dr. Ian Jones, Founder & CEO, InnoGlobal -‘Pharma 5.0 – opportunities for a manufacturing island - from the grassroots up’
- Radek Samsonowicz, Head of Sales EMEA, SkyCell
- Prof. Sarah Hudson, Co-Principal Investigator & Materials Theme Leader, SSPC the SFI Research Centre for Pharmaceuticals - “Multi-product, Reusable Protein A Resin – A Case Study for Collaboration to achieve Sustainability”
- Dr. Rabah Mouras, Interim Centre Director, PMTC, Interim Centre Director, PMTC, -"How Technology Centres/Academia can help the Irish Pharmaceutical sector address the industry 5.0 challenges,: Case Studies from PMTC"
Industry Innovation session
The session will explore the unprecedented pace of innovation taking place in CDMO’s, Services and Global Business Services.
Moderator – Joyce Fitzharris, President, SK Biotech Ireland
- Brian Peutherer, VP Enviroment, Health & Safety, Sterling, "An Ancient Technology to Help Sustain Our Future
- Dr. Eimear McCarron, Senior Director Quality, Wuxi Biologics - Ireland’s first CDMO for Large-Scale Manufacturing
- Padraic O'Neill, VP and GBS Site Lead, Pfizer - “the Pharma Global Business Services journey to date, where to next….”
- Dr. Paul Denny Gouldson, Head of Science and Technology, Zifo - The Changing Face of Batch Release in Manufacturing
Policy Development session
Effective policy development is critical to achieving our vision of “making Ireland the globally recognised centre of excellence for innovation and development in the sustainable manufacture and supply of biopharmaceuticals and chemicals and the location of choice for the launch of new products”. The session will look at what is happening domestically and also look to our closest neighbour, the UK.
Session Moderator – Matt Moran, Director of BPCI
- Prof. Philip Nolan, Director General, Science Foundation Ireland
- Andrew Howard, Deputy Director, UK Office for Life sciences
- Rachel Shelly, IDA Ireland – Divisional Manager, Life Sciences & Food and Talent, Transformation & Innovation, IDA Ireland
Reception and Dinner, Dublin Castle – Castle Hall
Supported by the Department of Enterprise Trade and Employment
For over 800 years Dublin Castle has been at the heart of Irish history. In fact, the city gets its name from the ‘Dubh Linn’ or Black Pool, on the site of the present Castle Gardens and Coach House. The Castle Hall venue, constructed behind the façade of the 18th century Guard House, incorporates the renovated Bedford Tower and is flanked by the imposing gates of Justice and Fortitude.
- Declan Hughes, Secretary General, Department of Enterprise,Trade and Employment
- Darrin Morrissey, NIBRT, Chief Executive Officer