This virtual 2-day programme will help attendees improve their technical writing and communication skills. Day one will focus on reviewing different forms of technical writing, writing style, conventions, and best practice. Day two will extend these principles to digital forms of communication such as instant messaging, collaboration, and project tracking. Attendees will be invited to review their own technical documents and how they currently utilize digital communication tools (email, messaging, etc.), identifying areas for improvement. Peer to peer learning will be introduced as a method to continually improve skills within attendees' organizations.
- Making your writing structured for quality documents.
- Making your writing clear and concise
- Handling style, tone, and voice
- Handling typography, images, tables, captions
- Approaching various engineering genres
- Structuring your time when drafting, collaboration and reviewing.
- Sharepoint/wiki pages as portal for projects and organizational information
- Instant messaging, best practice, and potential pitfalls
- Getting to know your communication and tracking tools. Peer to peer learning and putting a training plan in place
- Good Document creation, sharing and collaboration habits