This programme is funded by Engineering Skillnet
Engineering Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and network companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science.
Aim and Course objectives
The aim of the programme is to give a good insight into the structure of the new 5th Edition of the National Rules for Electrical Installations – I.S. 10101.
The course is presented using simplified diagrams and tables to explain the requirements of the standard with particular emphasis on Chapters 4, 5 and 6. It also covers the main changes that have occurred since the 4th Edition including the new Annex 8 (Energy Efficiency).
On completion of this course attendees will:
- Have a good understanding of the structure of the new standard, the contents of each of the seven chapters and the new Annex 8.
- Be aware of the main changes introduced since the 4th Edition.
- Have a good understanding of Chapter 4 (Protection for Safety) and Chapter 5 (Selection and Erection of Electrical Equipment).
- Get an introduction to Chapter 6 - Verification and Certification.
- Have an awareness of the twenty Special Installations or Locations Covered in Chapter 7.
Dates and Time:
The course runs from 9.00am to 5.00pm.