The Industrial Electrical Systems training course develops the skills required by industrial maintenance technicians to safely diagnose and repair faults in electrically controlled equipment. We offer a uniquely practical course focused on replicating real-life scenarios using specialist industrial equipment and troubleshooting simulation software. This course is certified at QQI Level 6 (15 credits).
Course Cost: €5,350/group of 8 people with the training running in-company
To enable maintenance staff to be effective in the use of preventative and corrective maintenance strategies when working on modern industrial electrical systems and components. At the end of the Industrial Electrical Systems course the participants will be able to:
- Test electrical systems to narrow down a problem area.
- List electrical hazards when testing live systems and list ways to minimise hazards.
- Use electrical schematics to navigate a system effectively.
- Setup and troubleshoot a range of automation sensors.
- Carry out LOTO procedures correctly.
- Describe the operating principle of fuses, MCBs and RCDs.
- Competently use multi-meters and grip-ons to test systems.
- Test 3-phase motor circuits controlled by contactors and overloads.
- Demonstrate how to troubleshoot a range of common faults on work- based technology.