The Regional Insight Series, which took place in 7 locations throughout Ireland in May, presented opportunities for senior business leaders and key stakeholders to come together with Ibec CEO, Danny McCoy and colleagues, and leading business voices in the regions to explore the challenges and opportunities that are surfacing for businesses across Ireland.
The series found that businesses are placing an increased focus on ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) factors in their corporate strategies and culture, management structures and core activities to attract and retain business and talent. Delegates in attendance at these events discovered how to put sustainability into practice and explore ways an ESG-lens can drive organisation and regional growth and deliver better quality of life in the regions.
Business leaders who took part on the panels shared their own experiences about how they have embraced ESG which led to benefits such as, attracting new talent, retention and creating competitive advantage when facing challenging labour market shortages, inflationary pressures and Brexit.
Delegates who attended:
- Discussed how to position ESG as part of your talent retention and attraction strategy
- Learned how sustainability trends and the low carbon transition will impact on your business operations
- Networked with peers and identified prosperity opportunities in their region
- Learned about the opportunities of a strong ESG proposition
- Heard from local businesses about sustainability in practice and where to start their strategic journey
Each event provided insights and practical guidance that can support businesses with their strategic and operational decision-making to diversify and expand sustainably. Ibec would like to extend thanks to the speakers, delegates and the Ibec Regional Presidents and REC committees who attended the Regional Insights Series this year.