This programme is funded by Engineering Skillnet
Engineering Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and network companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science
Aim and Course objectives
The programme is designed to improve the fundamental critical thinking skills in engineers for effective problem-solving. It applies an activity-based learning approach using the platform Miro to engage engineers in industry-real task simulations (e.g. risk assessments) for a highly interactive & engaging experience.
- Equips engineers with fundamental thinking tools for logical reasoning and risk-based decision making
- Boosts soft skills for team-based problem-solving & to cope with the complex and dynamic setting of smart manufacturing.
- Improves executive control and professional adaptivity for better change-readiness
The structure of the course is as follows:
- Day 1 : Applied Critical Thinking (Reason)
- Day 2 : Risk Based Decision-Making (Rigour)
- Day 3 : Collective Problem-Solving (Respect)
- Day 4 : Self-Improvement & Control (Resilience).
Dates and Time:
The course runs over 4 x 2.5 hour workshops.