Quality Management Systems are best measured independently, using competent auditors with a good understanding of process auditing and the benefits and advantages businesses can gain through proper implementation of ISO 9001.
This course is designed to give delegates the knowledge and skills to enable them to competently audit entire Quality Management Systems against the requirements of ISO 9001. The course presents the most up-to-date approaches to auditing and utilises case studies, workshops and accelerated learning to allow delegates to apply and practice their knowledge and skills throughout all the main phases of the audit process.
- Introduce the purpose and benefits of a Quality Management System, evolution of the ISO 9000 series of standards, the continuing development process of these standards and key ISO 9000 series related concepts and terminology.
- Explain the structures, purpose and interrelationship of ISO 9000, ISO 9001, ISO 9004 and ISO 19011 and the difference between auditable standards and guidance documents.
- Use ISO 9004:2009 and the 7 Quality Management Principles, where appropriate, for illustration and to enhance understanding.
- Discuss the benefits and approaches of documentation, circumstances of exclusion of the ISO 9001:2015 requirements and the Process-based Quality Management system Model.
- Describe the certification/registration and accreditation processes, types of audits (1st, 2nd and 3rd party) and the differences between legal compliance and conformance with ISO standards.
- How to plan and prepare QMS audits based on the "Process Approach" including the ability to develop and use Checklists and Process-based Audit Plans, using appropriate information gathered during the document review and/or stage-1 audit.
- How to Conduct, Report and Follow-up QMS audits based on the "Process Approach" including various Audit Methodology, Questioning Techniques, Roles and Responsibility in order to collect and analyse evidence, exercise objectivity and make decisions on the significance of observation made in accordance to relevant audit criteria.
- Outline CQI IRCA Auditor Certification requirements.
- Delegates are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
- Knowledge of the following quality management principles and concepts:
- The Plan-Do-Check- Act (PDCA) cycle.
- The relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction.
- Commonly used quality management terms and definitions and the 7 Quality
- Principles as given in ISO 9000.
- The process approach used in quality management.
- The Model of a Process Based Quality Management System, the structure and content of ISO 9001.
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001
Assessment and Accreditation
- CQI IRCA Certified
- Delegates are assessed throughout the course by continual assessment and then by a written examination at the end of the week.
- The written exam is 2 hours duration. It is a closed book exam.