Ireland is a location of choice to start and grow a business. Its reputation as a welcome country has helped to attract both FDI multinationals and mobile talent. Attracting the best talent is critical to our competitiveness. To support this, leading organisations are working to foster diversity, inclusivity, and equity, with polices which enable employees to bring their whole self to work.
Teams with diverse representation offer a wealth of viewpoints, wide ranging experience, and access to broader talents pools. Treating LGBTQI+ employees equally leads to greater productivity and reach. Moreover, it sends a powerful message to both employees and customers that they are respected and valued.
The Ibec Medtech and Engineering Leadership Development Taskforce is hosting a virtual event “Pride and bringing your whole self to work” 22 June, 11.00-12.00. The event will offer insights on the latest trends along with business best practice from Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to help your organisation become an LGBTQI+ ally.
• 11.00-11.05: Welcome remarks: Ibec Medtech and Engineering Leadership Development Taskforce Chair, Alcon Ireland Site Head and General Manager Jackie Murphy
• 11.05-11.15: Guest speaker Former International Rugby Union Referee Nigel Owens
• 11.15-11.25: Early-stage ERG: Medtronic Business Process Program Manager Damien Duggan
• 11.25-11.35: Mid-stage ERG: Boston Scientific Senior R&D Manager Gary O’Flynn
• 11.35-11.45: Advanced-stage ERG: Johnson & Johnson Director Quality Systems BQ EMEA Tomás Cotter
• 11.35-11.55: Panel discussion: Ibec Medtech and Engineering Senior Executive Ciara Finlay (moderator)
• 11.55-12.00: Closing remarks: Ibec Medtech and Engineering Leadership Development Taskforce Vice Chair and Medtronic Senior Product Development Director Ronan Rogers.