Innovation in manufacturing is changing people’s lives, from smart communication technologies, digital health, new drug development and new food and diet solutions. Irish manufacturing is at the leading edge of this innovation, with an increasing number of global and European R&D centres locating here, with a strong focus on developing new opportunities for a digital future.
The availability of highly skilled people, and the ability to collaborate with universities, colleges and researchers, gives confidence to global manufacturers to bring the world’s most advanced technologies to Ireland.
To discuss the talent and innovation challenges and opportunities for Ireland, Ibec will host a future focussed virtual panel discussion on Manufacturing – The Talent and Innovation Revolution for Tomorrow and Beyond, 10 am, 19 October 2021, to bring together the Irish manufacturing industry from different sectors, academics, researchers and Government agencies to offer insights to talent solutions, incentives and programmes to ensure Irish manufacturing remains at the cutting edge.
- Prof Orla Feely, VP of Research, Innovation and Impact at UCD and President of Engineers Ireland
- Dr Toby Sainsbury, Director of Future Manufacturing Ireland
- Sean Gayer, VP Operation, Boston Scientific and Ibec Cork Regional President
- Cliona Murphy, VP for R&D in PepsiCo
- Sharon Higgins, Director of Membership and Sectors, Ibec