This advanced Environmental Management System (EMS) auditing course will equip learners with:
- A detailed understanding of how to audit and assess the effectiveness of any EMS.
- A broad understanding of the range and diversity of environmental aspects, issues and environmental legislation and regulations pertinent to companies wishing to gain certification to ISO 14001 and EMAS.
- A practical understanding of how to implement an EMS and troubleshoot EMS issues.
- Knowledge of important related environmental tools and standards.
- Global issues
- Auditing of EMS
- Recap and update of ISO 14001 and EMAS
- Evaluating significance of aspects including actual and potential impacts arising from normal and abnormal conditions
- Sources and types of air pollution
- Environmental risk assessment techniques
- Environmental legislation (European/Irish)
- ISO 14031 and environmental performance indicators
- Developing objectives and targets
- Emergency preparedness and response
- The EMS auditing process & “best practice” approach to auditing
- The role of certifiers, auditors and verifiers
- Internal audit and review
- Life cycle assessment
- Comprehensive audit case-study and exercises
- Preparation for audit
- Audit role-play
- Review and discussion of audit findings
- Requirements of certification bodies
- Closing Meetings
- Integrated management systems
- Course Review
The course meets the training requirements for registration as an Associate Environmental Auditor with IEMA the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment.