This programme is funded by Engineering Skillnet
Engineering Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and network companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science
Aim and Course Objectives
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of occupational health and safety management systems against ISO 45001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021.
- Explain the purpose of an occupational health and safety management system, of occupational health and safety management system standards, of management system audit, of third-party certification, and the business benefits of improved performance of the occupational health and safety management system.
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an
occupational health and safety management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as appropriate.
- Plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of an occupational health and
safety management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 45001, and in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021 where appropriate
This course contains a total of 40 hours study time, which necessitates some evening work. For those who are attending the course on a non-residential basis we must stress that the course is very intense and team-based activities extend to each evening (see course times); learners must be prepared for these long hours.
In advance of attending all attendees must be familiar with the following:
- Basic knowledge of OH&S issues
- Management Systems
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 45001 and the commonly used occupational health and safety management terms and definitions
Assessment and Accreditation
The written exam is 2 hours duration. This course is certified by CQI IRCA.