This programme is funded by Engineering Skillnet
Engineering Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and network companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science.
The course is to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to perform an internal audit as part of an occupational health & safety management system based on ISO 45001 (or equivalent) and report on the effective implementation and maintenance of the management system in accordance with ISO 19011. The course is CQI & IRCA certified.
- Introduction to Occupational Health and Safety Systems and the purpose of Occupational Health and Safety Audits and the Plan Do Check Act cycle ISO 45001 and ISO 19011 standard
- The purpose and structure of ISO 45001
- The relationship between the OHSMS purpose, internal and external issues, relevant interested parties and their relevant requirements, scope, leadership and worker participation, OHS Policy, objectives, resources, operation, monitoring, measurement, analysis, evaluation and performance improvement, incidents, non- conformity and corrective action and the significance of these for OHSMS auditors and how to audit requirements
- The Risk Assessment Process and compliance with legal and other requirements in OHS management and their significance for OHS auditors and how to audit these
- The importance of the audit process
- Audit preparation - pre-audit activities
- Audit checklists
- Conducting the OHS audit – gathering evidence
- Interview techniques/questioning skills
- Auditor behaviour including roles and responsibilities
- Reporting the audit and follow-up