Aim and Course Objectives
The aim of course is to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills required to perform an internal audit of part of an Environmental Management system. The objectives include:
- Plan, conduct, report, and follow-up an internal audit for part of an environmental management system based on ISO 14001:2015, in accordance with ISO 19011.
- Explain the process-based EMS model for ISO 14001:2015 with reference to the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) model.
- Explain the role of the internal audit in the maintenance and improvement of an environmental management system.
- Explain the role and responsibilities of an auditor to plan, conduct, report, and follow-up an internal environmental management system in accordance with ISO 19011.
- An Overview of EMS auditing
- The EMS auditing process
- Audit against the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 EMS
- Process based auditing and the PDCA Cycle
- Conducting a document review
- Responsibilities and competencies of an internal environmental auditor
- The auditor tool kit
- Audit activities
- Interview techniques
- Preparing to audit by process
- Preparing to audit top management
- Conducting an audit of top management
- Gathering audit evidence
- Evaluating audit findings
- Writing nonconformities
- Generating an audit report
- Conducting opening and closing meetings
- Post audit activities
- End of course quiz