This programme is funded by Engineering Skillnet
Engineering Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and network companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science
This course, is designed to provide a step-by-step guide to the implementation of an Energy Management System. It is structured to give participants the knowledge and confidence to design and implement an Energy Management System within their own organisation.
- Participants achieve the following learning outcomes from the programme;
- Understand the internal and external benefits of having an energy management system
- Appreciate the differences between ISO 50001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001
- Understand the management system elements of ISO 50001
- Implement ISO 50001 in your organization
Who should attend:
This course will be of interest to anyone in the company who is involved in the design, development and implementation of an Energy Management System and those in the organisation who wish to reduce the cost of their energy requirements and to reduce the impact of energy on the environment.
- Introduction to the course and course objectives
- Difference between ISO 50001, ISO 14001 & ISO 9001
- Detailed analysis of ISO 50001 Energy Management standard clauses
- Exercises will be carried out and sample documentation from different aspects of the standard will be reviewed as the ISO 50001 standard is analysed.
- Exercises will be carried out and sample documentation from different aspects of the standard will be reviewed as the ISO 50001 standard is analysed (contd.).
- ISO 50001 implementation check list
- Questions or areas that require clarification will be discussed