This programme is funded by Engineering Skillnet
Engineering Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and network companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science
Aim and Course Objectives
The aim of the CMSE® programme is to allow delegates to understand safety regulations and standards in reference to existing machinery, as well as to the design and construction of new machinery. The training provides guidance on how to implement the legal and statutory requirements appropriate to machinery. The course runs for 7 x 1/2 days and covers 5 modules.
By the end of the course the participants will:
- Understand the requirements of European Regulations and Standards in relation to machinery
- Discover how these may be applied to the design, build, maintenance and operation of machinery used within the European Economic Area
- Recognise and identify the obligations to be met when specifying, designing or putting a machine into service
- Enhance their competence in designing safety systems
- Be qualified as a CMSE® - Certified Machinery Safety Expert (upon successful completion of the examination)
- Module 1 provides an introduction to the course and also to Safety of Machinery, Legislation and Standards.
- Module 2 covers Equipment and Workplace Regulations in relation to machinery, as well as the Machinery Directive (including CE Marking requirements) and Occupational Health and Safety considerations for machinery.
- Module 3 presents the importance of Risk Assessment, including legal requirements and methods
- Module 4 provides the definitions and requirements of safeguarding including mechanical guarding and safety components.
- Module 5 This module outlines the requirements to consider when undertaking safety design of safety related parts of control system, and also an introduction to hydraulic and pneumatic considerations.
The dates of the course are: 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 20th, 21st, 22nd Sept from 9.00 am to 1.00 pm daily.
The CMSE® examination is a key component in attaining certification from TÜV NORD. The examination will take place on the last day of the training and will last for 60 minutes.