Taking a positive approach to mental health in the workplace brings multiple benefits to both employees and employers, in the productivity, functionality and overall well-being of all staff.
We often refer to mental health as being the elephant in the room that nobody wants to name or acknowledge. The problem with an elephant in the room is that it will eventually bump into you and more than likely hurt you in some way.
Suicide or Survive (SOS) understands that to find and vanquish this elephant, employers and their teams will need a range of tips, tools, and techniques. Our corporate suite of workshops, designed especially for the workplace, is fact filled but fun, informal but informative and relaxed but real. Most importantly, it has been tested and it works. Workplace Wellness will support companies to build a mental health strategy which delivers not just immediate and longer-term results but generates a positive culture change within the organisation.
This seminar will explore some of the mental health challenges facing employers , supports available, and tips to rolling out a mental health strategy for your workforce.
Key topics covered will include;
- exploring mental health and the impact of stigma
- exploring culture change and how that has been successfully implemented by organisations at the forefront of service provision
- an introduction to Suicide or Survive and our supports & programmes
- panel discussion & an opportunity for Q&A
- Paula Lawlor, SOS National Eden Programme Manager, SOS Workshop Facilitator, Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist and Organisational Psychologist
- Catherine Redmond, National Programme Coordinator, Suicide or Survive
- Aoife Ní Mhurchú, Head of HR, Sky Ireland
- Sophie Moran, KeepWell Mark Programme Manager, Ibec