Online - 3 days virtual • 5, 12, 19 Oct.
Laptop with minitab required
30 day free trial of Minitab 19 to be downloaded
Unlike 'One Factor At A Time' (1FAT), DESIGN OF EXPERIMENTS (DOE) is a powerful tool that enables you to investigate and manipulate multiple key process input variables concurrently in order to optimise a specific output or response variable.
This course will expose learners to key knowledge required to design and analyse statistical experiments using Minitab.
Pre-requisite: Basic Statistics with Minitab will be a distinct advantage. However, the first day of the course will be a review of basic statistical concepts relevant to DOE.
DAY 1: DOE STATISTICS
1. Understand key statistical concepts and definitions
2. Understand the distribution of your data
3. Review of statistical inferences with minitab
4. Review of regression analysis with minitab
DAY 2: DOE FUNDAMENTALS
1. Understanding DOE terms and concepts
2. Experimental Planning
3. Creating a design in minitab
4. Manually analyse a full factorial design
DAY 3: DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF EXPERIMENTS
1. Create and analyse a screening experiment
2. Create and analyse a two-level full factorial design
3. Create a response surface design
Please click here to see full course outline.
Who should attend
Product design and process design engineers R&D Engineers and Scientists, QC and QA Personnel.