Weekly live online tutorial 6-7pm 7, 14, 21, 28 Oct. 4,18, 25 Nov. 2 Dec. Exam 5 Dec
Member cost: €1,950 includes ASQ exam fee
The Certified Quality Technician analyses and solves quality problems, prepares inspection plans, procedures and instructions, performs audits and can apply fundamental statistical methods for statistical process control. This course is designed to cover all modules of the American Society for Quality’s Body of Knowledge (BoK) for the Certified Quality Technician examination.
This is a one-part, 100 question, multiple choice four hour exam and is offered in English only.
Professional Progression Path:
A Certified Quality Technician will naturally go on to become a Certified Quality Engineer by taking a CQE course and certification exam. A CQE is among the top earners in the manufacturing industry and her certification is recognized globally.
I. Quality Concepts
1. Customers and Suppliers
2. Quality principles for products and processes
3. Quality standards, requirements, and specifications
4. Cost of quality (COQ)
5. Six Sigma
7. Continuous improvement techniques
II. Team Functions
1. Meeting management
2. Team development
3. Team stages
III. General Statistical Concepts
2. Frequency distributions
3. Graphical Methods
IV. Statistical Computations
1. Measures of Centrality and Dispersion
2. Statistical Inference
3. Confidence Limits
5. Student’s t Distribution V. Control Charts
1. Techniques and applications
2. Control limits vs. specification limit
3. Variables and Attributes Charts
4. Process Capability Measures
VI. Metrology and Calibration
1. Hand Tools
2. Optical Tools
3. Coordinate Measuring Machines
4. Force Measurement tools
5. Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility
6. Calibration Intervals
7. Calibration Error
8. Customer-supplied M&TE
VII. Inspection and Test
1. Blueprint Reading & Interpretation
2. Inspection Concepts
3. Inspection Techniques and Processes
4. Sampling VIII. Quality Audits
1. Audit Types
2. Audit Components
3. Audit Tools & Techniques
IX. Preventive and Corrective Action
1. Design FMEA
2. Process FMEA
4. Elements of corrective action
5. Failure analysis and root cause analysis
6. Non-conforming Material
7. Material Review Process
The delivery method is Blended Learning.
All lectures are delivered online and are available 24/7 on all devices. Lectures are supplemented by seven weekly, live, online tutorials and two virtual workshops.
Week Date Activity Start Finish
1 07-Oct-20 Virtual Workshop 09:00 17:00
2 14-Oct-20 Online Tutorial 18:00 19:00
3 21-Oct-20 Online Tutorial 18:00 19:00 Deadline for Exam Registration
4 28-Oct-20 Online Tutorial 18:00 19:00
5 04-Nov-20 Online Tutorial 18:00 19:00
6 18-Nov-20 Online Tutorial 18:00 19:00
7 25-Nov-20 Virtual Workshop 09:00 17:00
8 02-Dec-20 Online Tutorial 18:00 19:00
05-Dec-20 ASQ CQT Exam 08:00 12:00
Who Should Attend
Pre-requisite Education and/or Experience:
You must have at least four years of higher education and/or work experience in one or more of the areas of the Certified Quality Technician Body of Knowledge.
If you have completed a degree from a college, university, or technical school with accreditation accepted by ASQ, part of the four-year experience requirement will be waived as follows (only one of these waivers may be claimed):
• Certificate/diploma from a technical or trade school—one year waived.
• Associate degree—two years waived.
• Bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate—three years waived.
The programme is certified by The American Society for Quality (ASQ) in the USA.