Polymer Technology Ireland and the Institute of Materials (IOM) invite you to attend a video presentation by LyondellBasell on “Advancing Medical Grade Plastics – Implementation at a Polyolefins Producer”. The call will take place on Thursday, 22 October at 12.30 via MS Teams.
The presentation will be given by Dr Patrik Schneider, Head of Application Development & Technical Service Polyethylene Specialties LyondellBasell.
We expect the call to last for approx. 45 minutes, with the presentation taking 25-30 minutes.
The presentation will cover:
- The healthcare industry and the plastics industry at a glance
- Medical grade plastics requirements
- In March 2019 the new VDI Guidelines for Medical Plastics was published. (The VDI Association of German Engineers is highly recognised and their guidelines often serve as the precursors for international standards).
- Previously the requirements for a medical grade polymer was not closely defined – now there are general guidelines which can fit within the context of the new Medical Device Regulation (MDR).
- The scope is to cover polymers used for medical devices, pharma primary packaging and IVD-Products.
- Aim is to give advice to both polymer manufacturers and processors on the requirements and expectations for these polymers.
The call will be moderated by Jeff Hobbins (Chairman – IOM) of UltraPolymers