Please note - we are at capacity for this event. To be added to the waitlist, please contact email@example.com
We are delighted to host our first KeepWell Clinic in Cork, in the wonderful surrounds of UCC. This clinic will provide insights on an array of topics related to health and wellbeing, with a particular focus on biological and environmental factors in wellbeing. This event is suitable for any company interested in taking a proactive approach to employee wellness, and utilising your internal and external resources effectively - it also offers a unique opportunity to get insights into the wellbeing programme at UCC.
UCC are winners of the KeepWell Best in Class Physical Activity award 2019.
- 09.30am Coffee + Meet & Greet.
- 10:00am Welcome from Deputy President & Registrar, Prof John O’Halloran, followed by some 'chair yoga' to kick-start the morning.
- 10:15am Sylvia Curran, Staff Wellbeing & Development Advisor, on the wellbeing journey in UCC.
- 10:30am Keynote Speaker: Prof John F. Cryan – APC Microbiome Ireland Principal Investigator on:
How Gut Bacteria Affect the Brain & Behaviour: Professor Cryan discusses some of his lab's breakthrough work on the microbiome and how gut bacteria affects all aspects of the brain, including mood and behaviour.
- 11:10am James Collins – APC Research Centre on the team responsibility for developing a wellness environment at a local level.
- 11:20am Niamh Orbinski – Group Wellbeing & Nutrition Manager, KSG food Solutions. Practical application and staff considerations for wellbeing, nutrition and healthy food initiatives.
- 11:40am Workshop/breakout groups – what are the barriers/solutions to achieving success in implementation of a successful wellbeing programme?
- 12:10am Michael Kearney, of the UCC Mardyke Arena will discuss how staff can beat the effects of a sedentary lifestyle.
- 12:30pm Event finishes
- Optional visit to the UCC Mardyke Arena will follow (weather allowing).
About the KeepWell Clinics:
A series of short corporate wellbeing seminars and master classes designed to provide practical guidance in embedding wellbeing into corporate culture.
Here, you will meet other professionals from all industries leading out in wellness, share best practice and hear from experts in the corporate wellbeing industry. Some sessions will take place at companies premises.